Welcome back! New start dates this year will set students up for success!
- August 31 and September - Assessment Days for grades 1-5 and First days of school for grades 6-12
- September 6 – First day of school for grades 1-5; School resumes for grades 6-12
This section includes helpful resources to ensure that you and your child are ready for the first day of school. Find all of your back-to-school information on this page.
- Enrolling your child
- District Map and Building Contacts
- Educational Benefits Program (formerly Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application)
- Food and Nutrition Services
- School Attendance Area Locator
- 1:1 Student iPad Resources
- 1:1 Parent iPad Resources
- Technical Issues
- Schoology/Seesaw Issues
Operational Plan for Students, Families & Guests [Español] [Somali] coming soon!
Student COVID/Illness Decision Tree [Español] [Somali] coming soon!
Find Us on Social Media
District 196 recognizes the value and increasing role of online social media in an education realm. To increase our communication efforts, we have accounts on five social media sites:
District 196 uses texting as a communications method. The texts are delivered via SchoolMessenger, the mass notification service the district uses for phone calls and email messages. Parents/guardians must opt-in to receive text messages. Standard message and data rates may apply.
*Only SMS numbers listed as Guardians in the Infinite Campus student information system can receive texts.
- Text Y to 67587, you will receive a confirmation message stating you are registered to receive SchoolMessenger notifications via text. (If you do not receive a confirmation message or what appears to be an error message, it most likely means that short code texting is not enabled on your wireless plan.)
For help information, text HELP to 67587.
To opt out at any time, text STOP to 67587
Supt's News Family E-Newsletter
Superintendent Mary Kreger shares updates via our MailChimp "Supt's News" e-newsletter. It is sent out via MailChimp the Friday before a regular School Board meeting, within a few days after the meeting with a recap and at various times throughout the month. Supt's News contains pertinent information pertaining to both staff and the District 196 community.