Foundational Learning in a Virtual Setting
Continuing with District 196’s mission of educating students to reach their full potential, our new 196Online school is a comprehensive online learning experience that carries forward the commitment to a high-quality education where students can explore the outer limits of their vast potential.
Opening for 2021-22, 196Online will replace the 196 Digital Academy option, which was created to meet the pandemic-related emergency requirements. The goal of 196Online is to continue providing an online option with some modifications and enhancements from the former distance learning model. This learning model is grounded on delivering an equitable, personalized and flexible virtual learning community that builds relationships and inspires the growth and development of all learners.
- have an adult present at home to support learning and can act as a "learning coach";
- have a designated learning space with minimal distractions where they can be successful;
- are persistent, self-motivated and disciplined;
- are comfortable with independent learning;
- are able to communicate with their family and teachers when they need assistance;
- understand the importance of time management, and
- are comfortable learning in a virtual setting.